Privacy & Cookies Policy Notice
Anglian Building and Garden Limited trading as Paving Superstore are committed to complying with the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018, once enacted. Looking after the personal information you share with us is very important, and we want you to be confident that your personal data is kept safely and securely and to understand how we use it to offer you a better and more personalised shopping experience.
We have published this notice to help you understand
- how and why Paving Superstore collect information from you;
- who we share your information with, why and on what basis; and
- what your rights are.
If we make changes to this notice we will notify you by updating it on our website. Paving Superstore will be what is known as the ‘Data Controller’ of the personal data you provide to us, and we will sometimes refer to ourselves in this notice as “we” or “us”. By Data Controller, this means Paving Superstore determines the purposes and way in which any personal data are, or will be, processed.
Should you need to contact us please write to:
Data Protection Officer, Paving Superstore, Denmark Farm Barn, Danemoor Green, Hardingham, Norwich, Norfolk, NR9 4EG
or via firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Security and Privacy Enquiry.
This privacy notice was last updated on 18th May 2018.
What information do we collect if you register or place an order?
When you buy goods from us, you are entering into a contract with us. When ordering and/or setting up an account with us we will ask you to provide some personal information as below;
- Full Name and job Title
- Address and Delivery Address
- Contact Numbers
- Email Address
How we use your Personal Data
Paving Superstore will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary.
We collect and process your personal data in order to;
- Perform contractual obligations between you and us, such as processing orders
- Conduct statistical analysis
- Improve the goods and services we offer to you
- Carry out security checks to prevent fraud
- Review purchasing preferences so we can better communicate to you
- Contact you with promotions, newsletters and competitions if you agree
Who we share your information with and why
Paving Superstore work with a number of trusted suppliers, agencies and businesses in order to provide you with the high-quality goods and services you expect from us. See our list below of the third parties with whom we share your data are:
Paving Superstore works with a number of trusted partners who supply products and services on our behalf. All partners are subject to thorough security checks, and will only hold the minimum amount of personal information needed in order to fulfil the orders you place or provide a service on our behalf.
In order for you to receive your goods, Paving Superstore works with a number of delivery partners. Again, we only pass limited information to them in order to ensure delivery of your items.
Paving Superstore works with a business who support our website and other business systems.
Paving Superstore works with trusted third party payment processing providers in order to securely take and manage payments.
Keeping in touch with you
We want to keep you up to date with information about new ranges, special offers and improvements to our website. When you set your account up or go through to our checkout. we will ask you if you want to receive this type of marketing information.
Paving Superstore will not share your information with any other third party companies that will be used for marketing.
If you decide you do not want to receive this marketing information you can request that we stop by writing to the Data Protection Officer at mailto:the address provided above, emailing email@example.com or the unsubscribe link within every email.
You may continue to receive mailings for a short period while your request is dealt with.
How long we keep your information
If we collect your personal information, the length of time we retain it is determined by legal requirements or permissions from yourselves.
Your rights as a Data Subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances, you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to the restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- You have the right to complain direct to Paving Superstore at GDPR@pavingsuperstore.co.uk or the ICO through their website www.ico.org.uk if you feel your rights have been breached.
How We Secure Your Personal Data
We will use technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data
- Unique usernames and passwords for each account that can be amended at any time on the website
- Data is secured securely on servers managed firewalls
- Constant backups of data to ensure no data is lost
- Payments are encrypted with trusted providers
Along with these we have enforced new Policies and Procedures to further protect data plus have introduced GDPR training for current employees and an induction program for new employees so that protecting your data stays a priority. Whilst all reasonable efforts have been made to protect your personal data you acknowledge that we cannot fully guarantee the security of all personal data so if you have any specific concerns please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What Are Cookies
For more general information on cookies see the Wikipedia article on HTTP Cookies.
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of this site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
The Cookies We Set
● Account-related cookies
general administration. These cookies will usually be deleted when you log out however in some cases they may remain afterwards to remember your site preferences when logged out.
● Login-related cookies
prevents you from having to log in every single time you visit a new page. These cookies are typically removed or cleared when you log out to ensure that you can only access restricted features and areas when logged in.
● Email newsletter-related cookies
● This site offers a newsletter or email subscription services and cookies may be used to
remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications
which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users.
● Orders processing-related cookies
● This site offers e-commerce or payment facilities and some cookies are essential to
ensure that your order is remembered between pages so that we can process it
● Survey-related cookies
● From time to time we offer user surveys and questionnaires to provide you with
● Forms-related cookies
● When you submit data to through a form such as those found on contact pages or
comment forms cookies may be set to remember your user details for future
● Site preferences cookies
● In order to provide you with a great experience on this site,we provide the functionality
to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it. In order to remember
your preference,s we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page is affected by your preferences.
● This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solutions on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.
● For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
● Third-party analytics are used to track and measure usage of this site so that we can continue to produce engaging content. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site or pages you visit which helps us to understand how we can improve the site for you.
● From time to time we test new features and make subtle changes to the way that the site is delivered. When we are still testing new features these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience whilst on the site whilst ensuring we understand which optimisations our users appreciate the most.
● As we sell products it's important for us to understand statistics about how many of the visitors to our site actually make a purchase and as such this is the kind of data that these cookies will track. This is important to you as it means that we can accurately make business predictions that allow us to monitor our advertising and product costs to ensure the best possible price.
site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
Hopefully, that has clarified things for you and as was previously mentioned if there is something that you aren't sure whether you need or not it's usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site.
However, if you are still looking for more information, you can contact us through one of our preferred contact methods:
● Email: email@example.com
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
● Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
● If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to us.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Data Protection Terms and Conditions
These are the terms and conditions for the contract between: - us, Paving Superstore
- you, our customer;
for us to supply goods or services as requested by you.
1. For the purposes of the contract, you are the 'data controller' and we are the 'data processor' for personal data processed in connection with the contract, as per the meanings given to them under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). In some circumstance,s we may also be a 'data controller' regarding the methods of processing data to facilitate the contract.
2. When we process personal data for the purpose of the contract we will do the following:
a) Do so only for the purpose of meeting our obligations under the contract, or where the law permits us to do so.
b) Comply with all relevant instructions or requests you give us about processing this personal data.
c) Take appropriate security measures to protect this personal data against unauthorised or unlawful processing, and accidental loss, destruction or damage.
d) Not allow this personal data to be transferred out of, or processed outside, the European Economic Area, unless we have taken such measures as are necessary to ensure the transfer is compliant with all applicable data protection law.
e) Not pass this personal data to any third party (other than our sub-contractors and key service providers) unless there is a legal statutory obligation to do so or we have your permission in writing.
f) Provide reasonable and timely assistance to assist you in dealing with data protection related requests relating to data we hold, including to respond to any request from a data subject to exercise any of its rights under Applicable Data Protection Law and respond to any other correspondence, enquiry or complaint received from a data subject, regulator or other third party in connection with the data we hold.
g) Inform you of any high-risk activities relating to your data.
h) Inform you of any data breaches relating to your data without undue delay.
i) Make sure that all our personnel who need access to this personal data for the purpose of the contract keep to this clause.
j) Provide an encrypted credit card payment facility through SagePay or Paypal, or alternatively provide our bank details for direct payments into our account. If payment is to be taken over thephone this will be done by specially trained staff and credit card details will be imputed into an encrypted payment facility and not retained.